Motor vehicle

Every owner of a motor vehicle requires at least a third-party liability insurance by law. In addition a comprehensive or fully comprehensive insurance is advisable.

Conclude online: Car insurance: calculate your premium online easily | AXA


Insured risks

Third-party liability insurance
This covers personal injury and/or property damage caused by the operation of the insured motor vehicle, regardless of who was driving at the time of the damage incident involving the insured vehicle.

Comprehensive insurance
This covers theft and damage resulting from hail/storms, natural hazards, fire, snow and animals, as well as glass damage to the insured vehicle.

Fully comprehensive insurance
In addition to the risks covered by comprehensive insurance, fully comprehensive also includes damage to the insured vehicle resulting from a collision.


In the third-party insurance, a system of different discount levels is applied, while fully comprehensive (collision) insurance operates a no-claims bonus system that varies from one insurer to another. There is no such system with comprehensive insurance. To safeguard the current level in the event of a claim, it is advisable to take out bonus protection insurance.
In the event of a claim resulting from gross negligence, the insurer may reduce benefits or hold the claimant liable. Here, too, it is advisable to take out an appropriate insurance, bearing in mind that misuse of alcohol, drugs and medicines cannot be covered.
A so-called motor vehicle accident insurance is only recommended if the vehicle owner often drives with passengers in the vehicle and is not familiar with their insurance cover.
Only conclude one-year agreements.

Business trips

If you have caused damage with your private car on an authorized business trip, the enclosed information sheet offers further information:

AXA information sheet for business trip cover


Link Offers